One of the most effective ways to improve organizational performance is to improve first level supervision. Getting new supervisors off to a good start in the management arena is a driving catalyst to developing a thriving and effective organizational culture.
- This training will offer a path to mastering different skills to help you advance and grow.
- The training is designed to prepare the front line for success in future leadership roles.
- It provides a realistic and practical look into supervision by providing awareness and knowledge of what is necessary to be successful in a supervisory role.
- It focuses on communication and interpersonal skills, coaching, delegation, motivation, empowerment and accountability which are crucial elements needed for entering the management realm.
This training course provides participants with strategies for effective supervision, and the skills and knowledge required to lead a team or work group in a business environment. The course includes developing plans, providing leadership and supervising the performance of a work team.
Through the trainer’s expertise and practical knowledge, you will be able to define the key concepts associated with supervisory skills and you will be able to:
- Use a relationship based management process that supports achieving improved business results
- Focus their efforts on issues they can control or influence and away from issues where they have no control
- Understand how their attitude affects the personal productivity of employees
- Recognize how the behaviors of effective managers help with the achievement of effective business results.
- Understand what actions they need to take with their employees
- Practice sharing power, resulting in power becoming a multiplier within the company
- Examine and align their expectations, the company’s and the employee’s
- Gain employee trust through the use of respect and recognition
This Training Program is designed for Anyone who is responsible for leading or supervising a team of people in the workplace, i.e. frontline managers, team leaders, supervisors.
The Learning Model
The trainer uses up-to-date training techniques and a variety of training methods, to give all participants the best opportunities for learning, including:
- Class Session
- Group Discussions
- Simulations exercises
- Case studies and Problem Solving Exercises
- Individual assignments
- Templates and tools