LEARN THAT EXTRA SKILL. USE IT!!
- This event has passed.
Basic Electricity for the Non-Electrician Skills Training
September 25 @ 09:00 - October 6 @ 16:30 EATUSD $200
Purpose of Training
This course provides students with a practical, real-world education in basic electricity. Specific needs and concerns of each student will be addressed so that upon completion they’ll be able to reduce equipment downtime, improve overall efficiency and safety, and fix problems they’ve never been able to fix before.
This course will also come in handy for those wishing to join our security courses as trainees but lack basic electricity skills
Solutions learned in this class will more than pay for the cost of training, a dozen, a hundred, or a thousand times over.
Upon completion of this 2-WEEK TRAINING (10 days), the student will receive a certificate of completion with 6 classroom hours per day attended.
Fee: KES 30K (covers tuition, practicals, exam, and certificate of competence)
Basic electrical “hands-on” maintenance tasks presented in this training will teach students to:
- Safely and correctly verify a circuit is de-energized.
- Take voltage and resistance readings
- Take clamp-on ammeter readings.
- Perform basic circuit checks for shorts, opens, and ground faults
- Read and interpret their facility’s one-line electrical drawing and electrical floor plan.
- Choose what electrical PPE they must wear
- Choose the right type and size of wire
- Determine how many wires they can pull into a conduit.
- How to terminate using compression terminals and Twist-on wire connectors.
- Wire a variety of common electrical devices.
The purpose of this training
Mastering the basics of electricity and electronics is necessary for a wide range of study programs and professions. Since theory and concepts in this field can be abstract and intangible, safe, practical experimentation and proven courseware are the backbone of efficient and effective learning.