Learn how to install, program, maintain, or repair security or intruder alarm wiring and equipment.
Get the right skills to ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes.
REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN OUR SECURITY INSTALLATION COURSES AS A TRAINEE:
1. You don’t need any specific qualifications to start as a trainee, although employers may expect you to have KCSE (A-D-), or similar qualifications, in English, Math and at least one
2. Full Fee payment before joining any scheduled program/ course
3. Ability to attend and participate actively in all our tuition and practical sessions. Science subject, or a technical subject. Previous experience in electrical or electronics work could be helpful when looking for work.
This is one course to do, whether you are an electrician or an absolute beginner, it does not matter. Our alarm installation course will start from scratch and make you a confident alarm installer. Our alarm installation course has produced more than 100 alarm installers in a very short period, why not join us and become a qualified alarm installer. This short course is intensive,
but the atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable which creates a good learning environment. If you have a particular project in mind our instructors will be more than happy to discuss this with you.
Venue: Kenvision Techniks Workshops
Fee: USD 150 or KES 15,000/-
This course has been specifically designed for people with little or no experience who are looking to gain practical experience of installing intruder alarm systems. The course is suitable for anyone wishing to provide a dedicated service, electricians looking to expand on their current service provision or simply individuals who want to learn how to install their own security system. The aim of the “hands-on” practical course is to provide a full understanding of security alarm installation and associated terminology, as well as good practices of installing and servicing intruder alarm systems. The course covers everything from the different system types available, through the design process, installation, testing, commissioning and fault finding your system.
Theory will include:
- Wiring Series, Parallel, End of Line and Fully Supervised Loop Alarm Systems
- Identify and use resistor colour codes
- Planning and installing alarm systems
- Operation of Passive Infra Red, Panic Attack, Door Contact, Dualtec Inertia Detectors and Alarm Sounders
- Understanding alarm terminology
- Understanding programming features and structures
- Understanding good practices of installing and servicing alarm systems
Tasks will include:
- Correct use of meters to obtain readings
- Correct identification of resistors by using colour codes
- Running, stripping and connecting cables
- Installing Series Alarm Systems with sounders and multiple detectors
- Installing End of Line Alarm Systems with sounders and multiple detectors
- Installing Fully Supervised Loop Alarm Systems with sounders and multiple detectors
- Connecting and using detectors
- Programming alarm control units
- Completing documentation
- Testing and fault finding alarm systems
Who is this course for?
This alarm installation course is most suitable for those who have strong desire to pursue a career in alarm installation. Having basic knowledge in using common power tools for handling DIY projects would be an advantage. But this course is open for anyone, The alarm installation course is designed to give you the ability and skills to design and install a domestic and commercial burglar alarm system.